Bull & Oyster Roast
Save the Date! Saturday, October 14
FAQs about the event...
What are the evening’s activities?
- Cornhole Tournament
- Oysters, Bar and Silent Auction
- Dinner Buffet
- Live Auction & Desserts
Why do we hold a fundraiser?
Each year, we hold a major fundraiser to help raise funds for special projects or programs that benefit the students and faculty. Past projects have included the tennis courts and pavilion, landscaping and new roads, technology, sports equipment...
Will there be food at the Event? Absolutely! We will be offering oysters, pulled pork, great side dishes, craft beer, wine, and of course, we will be serving up some BULL.
Should I get dressed up?
Not for this Roast! Ladies keep your heels in the closet, this is an outdoor, tented-event that calls for casual attire.
Absolutely! This event is for parents, grandparents, alumni, friends etc. No current students please!
What is the Cornhole Tournament?
We will be kicking off the evening with a Cornhole Tournament— limited to the first 30 teams to sign-up so hurry and find a partner. Not an athlete? Then come cheer on your favorite team! Teams consist of two members. This is a double elimination format. First place wins 20% of the entry fees and to hold the title of Gunston’s Cornhole Champions! Second place wins 10% of the entry fees.
If you cannot attend, we hope you will consider donating an auction item or choose to directly support by submitting a donation online or on your invitation reply card.
How can I help?
• Save the date: Saturday, October 14
• Donate auction item.
• Volunteer: There are many jobs, big and small—from soliciting to decorating and clean up —and we need help! Gunston becomes a better place when we’re all involved.
• Sponsor the event.
What can I donate?
Our best auction items are often donated by Gunston families.
Need a suggestion?
● Vacation Homes: Have a friend or family member who owns a great vacation home? Do you have a great getaway you would be willing to share? Let us know!
● Mini Getaways: Help us build a getaway package i.e restaurant gift certificates in NYC, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Hotel room, and tickets
● Tickets to Sporting Events: Have season tickets and willing to donate a set?
● Outdoor Excursions: Hunting, fishing, boating.
● Unique Experiences: Hot Air Balloon Rides, Driving in a Race Car, Behind the scene tours, i.e. TV stations, Breweries, Chef’s Table Dining
● Gift Certificates: Certificates to restaurants, shops and spa treatments
● Jewelry, Art
Wondering if your item is a match for the event...give us a call or shoot us an email!
Who should I contact if I want to help?
Joanna Pierce, Director of Advancement/Alumni
Tricia Mooney, Director of Communications/Special Events