Gunston Parents' Association
Gunston Parents Association 2022-2023
Pictured (l-r) front row, Suzanne Lutz, P’24, Christine Amygdalos, P’20’23, GPA President Irene Hansen, P’24 and Naté Pope, P’23. Standing, Joanne Pierce, P’26, GPA Coordinator Trish Rudolfs, P’18’20, Sports Liaison Jullie Gillespie, P’20’22’24, Vice President Lori Hammond, P’24, Tine Dickey, P’24, Carrie Dare, P’25, Ildi Watkins, P’26, Micelle Hallmark, P’24, Sarah Philippon, P’25’27 and Jen Franks, P’25.
About the GPA
The Gunston Parents' Association fosters a vital partnership between parents/guardians and the school by promoting open communication, parent education, and community interaction through a multitude of programs and activities. In addition to GPA officers, class representatives provide grade-level support for students and parents and work to welcome new families. Our GPA is passionate about supporting the students, faculty, and staff both on and off campus. Every parent is an automatic member of the GPA and is invited to attend all meetings and participate in discussions.
GPA Monthly meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month via Zoom at 12 noon* (although you are ALWAYS welcome to join us on campus in person for any meetings!) and are scheduled to take place on the following days:
- September 14, 2023
- October 12, 2023
- November 9, 2023
- December - NO MEETING
- January 11, 2024
- February 8, 2024
- March - NO MEETING
- April 11, 2024
- May 9, 2024
*days and times subject to change
Parent Volunteer Opportunities 23-24:
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the school year, at school and at home. Please let us know if you would be willing to assist in any of the areas listed on the Parent Volunteer Interest form.
Here are just a few ways that the GPA supports the school:
- Boat Captains for Embarkation and Disembarkation
- New Parent Orientation
- Annual GPA Tailgate/Picnic
- Admissions Ambassadors (welcoming new families)
- Teacher Appreciation Event (Fall)
- Event Support for fundraising events Bull & Oyster Roast and the Heron Hustle 5K (Day-of volunteering with set-up, break down, check-in, etc., soliciting for sponsorships, securing auction items and more!)
- Teacher Appreciation Event (Spring)
- Event Support for Golfing Fore Gunston
- Career Talks with Students
- Support for student events such as Homecoming, Spring Formal, and other dances
- Heron Fund Parent Ambassadors (Fundraising)
- Administrative assistance (helping at the front desk, answering phones, stuffing envelopes, creating
- decorations, writing thank you notes, etc.)
- Event support for smaller events such as Open Mic Nights, Night of the Arts, the annual Gunston Players’ Theatre production, In Celebration of Books, and more.
- Class coverage and substitute teaching
- Athletics (organizing tailgates and snacks, transportation, assisting with coaching and record keeping)
- Professional services including photography, videography and most recently, auctioneer services!
Visit the "Resources" Tab in TGS Net to find contact information for GPA members.