Athletics with Coach Mel
Students who need a second sports credit will have to complete the Remote Spring Sports Requirement (RSSR).
Even though we are not together physically, Gunston remains fully committed to our educational philosophy of “emphasizing the balanced development of the whole student—intellectually, morally, culturally, and physically.”
- What is the Remote Spring Sports Requirement (RSSR)?
- What is Volt Athletics?
- What if I don't have any equipment at home?
- What is a "supplemental activity?"
- Who will be monitoring? How am I accountable?
- But I prefer a different app?
- What about 12-star?
- What if I do not need a spring sports credit? Am I still able to participate in Volt and/or supplemental activities?
- What is happening with my spring athletic season? Will we be competing this year?
Weekend - Mile Run Challenge
Open a running app (MapMyRun, Garmin, Strava, etc.) and hit start. Run a mile as fast as you possibly can. Take a screenshot of your time and route. Send it to @GunstonSchool with the hashtag #gunstonmilechallenge as well as either #gunstonGREENteam or #gunstonWHITEteam
This will be a Green/White Event!
- Most participation earns points for Green/White Day
- Bonus points if you wear your Green/White Team Shirt
Fastest time gets added points per team
Monday - #See10Give10 Challenge
Gunston Crew and Triathlon started sending pushups back and forth this week. Time to get everyone involved on Monday. Record yourself doing 10 pushups and send the video to a friend. Don't forget to tag @GunstonSchool with the hashtag #See10Give10 #gunstonherons
Wednesday - Toilet Paper Juggling
Find a roll of toilet paper...if you have one to spare. Start practicing your soccer juggling (TP) juggling skills. Let's see who has the most coordination in this fun at home event. Keep sending to @GunstonSchool to be featured with the hashtag #gunstonTPchallenge. Click on the link below to see Coach Mel doing the @gunstonTPchallenge.